- Adult 11+ years old
- Children 3 - 10 years old
- Baby 0 - 2 years old
Boat Tour to Benagil Caves
During the tour along the stunning Algarve coast, experience the interior of the fascinating Benagil Caves, where rock formations, secret beaches, vibrant colors, and the contact with the ocean will unite you forever in a set of unique, indescribable sensations, only possible when being so close to nature.
We highlight the Arade River, which rises in Serra do Caldeirão and flows into the Atlantic Ocean, in Portimão, east of Praia da Rocha. We can see the picturesque fishing village of Ferragudo (among the 20 most beautiful in the country) and the Fort of S. João do Arade, also known as Ferragudo Castle, built in the 19th century.
At the exit of the bar, on the left side, we can see the lighthouse of Ponta do Altar, commonly known as the lighthouse of Ferragudo and Portimão, of 32m.
We also see some beaches with white sand and crystalline waters such as the following: Praia da Rocha; Praia Grande; Pintadinho; Caneiros; Afurada; Paraíso; Carvoeiro (considered the most beautiful beach in Europe); Vale de Covo; Carvalho; B e n a g i l (world’s most famous cave, formed by erosion, about 20 million years old, with its official name: Algar-de-Benagil); Corredoura and Praia da Marinha (currently among the 100 most beautiful beaches in the world and known for its imposing Arches of Marinha).
On warmer days we offer you the opportunity to feel the thrill of diving in the sea, with breathtaking landscapes as a framing backdrop.
- Sightseeing tour along the coast of Portimão, Ferragudo, Europe’s number one beach 2018 Carvoeiro, Benagil and the Archs of Marinha.
- Countless rockformations and visit to the interior of around 20 Carvoeiro, Benagil and Praia da Marinha Caves and rock formations.
- Bottled water & snack.
- Safety briefing and full passengers insured boat as well as new generation automatic life jackets.
- Music on board during the tour.
- A refreshing swim in crystal blue waters (on warm days); due to safety rules, it is not possible to do the swim during the 2020 season.
- Return to Portimão Clube Naval (reception area), where luggage storage, WC, air conditioning are available for your comfort.
- Try to check in at Naval Club of Portimão, with 15 minutes notice, prior to boarding time, at the Portisub building (Benagil Express headquarters), next door to the famous Museum of Portimão.
- For your tour you should bring: Towel (warm days), hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, comfortable clothing (in the summer light and fresh), and of course, your camera to capture these memorable moments of your holiday in the Algarve.
- Suitable for passengers with reduced mobility (we can keep the wheelchair and transport the guest to the boats)
- Sometimes the sea changes on a shorter notice than expected. In the case of waves or bad weather, the tours will be suspended or canceled. Please ask us the day before or the day itself (before leaving home) if the tours are taking place. First the safety and then the adventure.
- We are not responsible for damages or loss of personal items.
- For the safety of our customers and employees, the use of a respiratory protection mask is mandatory. Each customer must bring their own mask.